Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Relax it ain't that serious...



A friend and I were discussing her need for closure in a recent relationship.My advice to her was to forgive, wish him love and move on. She looked at me like I was stupid. My personal philosophy and mantra in life is “Relax it ain’t that serious” this philosophy has served me well; it helped me survive a painful time in my life. I attempted to share my philosophy with her but its healing powers were lost on her. This philosophy drives Reina nuts. Whenever she’s running around losing her mind over something I just stand back with my hands in my pocket, a smile on my face and watch. Long ago I learned that there is no point in going ballistic every time life bitch slaps you. Every problem in life has a solution, if you just sit still long enough and listen to the winds the solution will come to you.

Once upon a time I had a friend and a significant other. Like the plot of a bad soap opera i'm sure you know the rest. I freely admit that after booting them from my life I was full of bitterness, after all I am human. Then one day the solution to my pain came to me. “Forgive” the winds whispered in my ear. Holding on to all that anger was doing me no good. I was losing myself, becoming someone I didn't like. So I forgave them. He was floored by my actions, she just felt more guilty and ran away. I appreciated his heart felt remorse and what it must have cost his pride to express it but everything I had once felt for him was gone. He couldn’t understand how I could forgive yet walk out of his life offering him my friendship. I guess he never really knew me at all. He has often said that he wishes I had not forgiven him, that it would have been easier for him to move on with his life if he thought I hated him. My response to him is always the same, "relax it ain't that serious."

I Wish You Love :: Rachael Yamagata



Powered by Castpost

Labels:





Posted by @ 6:12 PM
5 comment from: Blogger sadiq, Blogger Mia, Blogger Aisha, Blogger sadiq, Anonymous rossjonnes,