Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's a Big Big World


I was channel surfing the other morning looking for something other than Maury’s Baby Daddy show and Divorce Court to keep me company as I started research for a term paper when I caught sight of a muppet like sloth named Snook and since I love me some muppets/marionettes/puppets I stopped to check it out. It turned out he was part of a PBS show called, “It’s a Big Big World” a show so brand new it has no merchandise or DVD’s attached to it as of yet. I have no kids and my siblings are way beyond the Barney age so I’m not really up to date with kiddie shows and frankly between you and me the next person that tells me I look like Dora The Explorer and starts singing that “vamonos “ song is gonna get my foot up their butt. I found out that the creators of the show were ones responsible for “Bear in the Big Blue House”, “Clarissa Explains it All” two personal favorite of mines from back in the day.

It’s a Big Big World takes place in a rain forest high up in a tree called, “the World Tree” a metaphor for the world as a whole. The tree is home to a diverse group of animals that were just too adorable. There was this one character a turtle Madge the wise old turtle with a map of the world etched in her shell that totally fascinated me. I am not ashamed to say I was entranced by this show and watched the whole thing and will be recommending it to all the peeps in my life with kiddies. I plan on taping the shows for the current love of my life my 8 month old cousin Nadine.




Posted by @ 4:43 PM
3 comment from: Blogger Sam, Blogger Just Jane, Blogger Mia,