Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Friday, April 28, 2006

It’s 11 pm and the phone has not rung



I was sitting down to a late night supper when my phone rang. It was Reina and for some ungodly reason her voice was loud and had a tinge of attitude to it, "MIA WTF!" I held the phone away from my ear looking at it expecting spittle to fly out of the ear piece. Oh no this heffa was not yelling at me! Oh no she didn’t…

Reina: Why the hell haven’t you called me?!! I’ve been sitting here worried sick about you! You left my house at 8 o’clock do you know what time it is?! It’s 11 pm and the phone has not rung. You haven’t called me. Didn’t I tell you to call me when you got home?!

Mia: Mom is that you?

Reina: No you dummy it’s not your mother.

Mia: (laughing) I know Reina. Why are you yelling? Stop the violence.

She then proceeded to basically tear me a new one because I had failed to check in with her after leaving her house a couple of hours earlier

Mia: Reina…Reina…Ree –hee-nah. Stop. Stop. Relax it ain’t that serious.

Reina: How you gonna make me worry like that?! I called Maggie by the way!

Mia: You called my mom? Why ?

Reina: Because I was worried you idiot you left my house at 8 o’clock and it doesn’t take you 3 hrs to get home from my house it only takes you 20 minutes!! Where the hell are you anyway?

Mia: Reina please stop yelling. I’m at my grandfather’s house. By the way (sigh) I left your house around 9 not 8 and on my way to the bus stop Jason called me so we hooked up and came over to grandpa’s to watch a movie and now we’re about to eat something and then I am headed home.


Reina: Well you should’ve called me. I was calling you and chirping you.

Mia: I get no service in this area. I apologize, mea culpa, I am sorry. I’ll never do it again. Are you happy now?

Reina: I can't believe you 11 pm and no phone call! You better call your mom she is probably worried too now I just spoke to her.

Mia: (laughing) Wow you called my mom. Thank God I wasn’t doing anything bad otherwise you would’ve shouted me out. Reina I spoke to my mom I called her around 9:30 just before I got here and I told her I’d be home around midnight.

Reina: Oh no wonder she was laughing. I thought it was her nerves.

Mia: We’re going to have to get you a hobby or something. You’re going to give yourself a heart attack worrying about me. Cut the apron strings dude cut the apron strings.

Reina: It’s your fault you’re always doing crazy things that’s why I worry.

Mia: Me crazy? Girl you must be out of your mind.

Reina: You still going sky diving this summer?

Mia: You’re damn skippy I am.

Reina: (sigh) and you wonder why I worry.

Mia: Reina how do you keep an idiot in suspense?

Reina: Not that shit again!

Mia: I’ll tell you later.

Labels:





Posted by @ 12:47 PM
5 comment from: Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger Laila K, Blogger Mr. Khurram, Blogger Mia, Blogger DannieS72,