Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Morning People


My uncle Chino is a morning person…I hate him. Every morning he literally wakes up at the crack of dawn happy as a kid hopped up on Pixie Stix and cherry Kool-Aid. He’s always been this way even as a kid. My mother his sister by the way is also a morning person which makes me suspect that this deliriously happy as miser with a pile of gold type of morning behavior is inherited.

This morning around 6:30 my uncle came into my room in search of a battery for his MP3 player. The sun was cascading into my room, a nice breeze carrying the faint scent of spring flowers through my window, my pillows were just right, my bed comfy and my burgundy sheets were clean and crisp in short I was in sleep nirvana. My beloved uncle knowing full well that I'm a light sleeper cheerfully yelled out, “Good morning Mia!” as soon as he saw me stir. I wanted to fling something at him.


“Mia …Mia why did the chicken cross the road?” he asked. I slowly opened one eye and tried to focus on him… “Why did the chicken cross the road?” he asked again. “To stab the bastard that woke her up.” I replied arching my eyebrow hoping he'd take the hint.

Don’t get me wrong I have nothing against morning or morning people. The world is a much better place for them. Just let me shower and have a cup of tea before you enter my room singing this song and dancing as if you were a contestant on American Idol.

Labels: , , , , ,





Posted by @ 9:41 AM
5 comment from: Blogger Laila K, Blogger Mia, Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger DannieS72, Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo,