Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sisters doing it for themselves


My mom’s lesbian cousin once told me that if it weren’t for the fact that we need sperm in order to create a baby men would be totally useless. Her anti-hombre stance always confused me because of her physical appearance. Unless you were told that she was a woman there was always a moment of confusion when meeting her for the first time and no she doesn’t do that plaid thing. I asked her once about that hating men yet looking like a man thing she does so well and she really did try to explain it to me but then I heard the “ding” of the microwave indicating that my hot pocket was done and I was out. Don’t judge me people I was just a kid…a hungry kid.

Anyways so it seems that we’re one step closer to my auntie’s utopia or as the hood rats would say,” it’s on and popping son!” Scientists at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in Britain have converted human bone marrow tissue into immature sperm cells.

The point of adults playing with sperm outside of their bedroom is aimed at overcoming male infertility. However the bonus is that this would also allow two women to have their own biological daughter.Talk about sisters doing it for themselves! Now that's independence! Sounds like an episode worthy of a cable series. Where’s Queer as Folks when I need them? Don’t worry men you’ll still be needed for that extra oomph that produces a male. However I’d like to point out that the creation of an Amazonian society say perhaps on a remote island somewhere is a future possibility not just a sci-fi fantasy.

Labels: , , ,





Posted by @ 12:47 AM
7 comment from: Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Gattina, Blogger Mia, Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo, Blogger DannieS72, Blogger Mia,