Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Karma Police


My professor came into class looking pissed off yesterday. “I am livid.” he announced to the class in his cool upper class British accent as he handed me an exam paper. I briefly looked up from my notes and nodded my head at him and said, “You sure do look it. “ “I am Mia, I am quite livid.” “Why?” I asked.



He explained that he was on one of the computers in the library retrieving the class exam from his email and printing it out when he left his seat for a second to check on the printer. When he returned there was a student sitting at the computer. “Excuse me miss but I’m not done yet.” He informed the student. The girl looked up at him and rolled her eyes, “Well I’m using it now.” “But I wasn’t done.” “Tough, I just logged you out and I’m logging in right now” she said as she typed in her password. “But I was doing something really important and my email account was opened.” “Like I said, I already logged you out” she said and dismissed him with another vicious eye roll.

“Why didn’t you come and get me?” one of my female classmates asked. The professor by the way is a hunk so naturally the females in my class fall all over him and would gladly fight his battles just to get on his good side. “Oh there was no need for that I believe in Karma. What goes around comes around.” “She probably thought you were a student.” I said. My professor is only a couple of years older than me so it’s easy to mistake him for a student. “That occurred to me as well Mia.” He said as he leaned over to look at my notes.

A thought crossed my head and I began chuckling. “Why are you laughing?” he asked as he smiled at me. “If the Karma police are truly kind maybe she’ll be one of your students next semester” He smiled widely and added “Now there’s a thought”. “Promise me if she is you’ll take a picture with your cell phone when she realizes you’re a professor and not a student and email it to me. I want to see the reaction on her face.” I said. He placed his hand over his heart as laughed and said “I promise.”





Labels: ,





Posted by @ 9:11 AM
1 comment from: Blogger DannieS72,