Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Hope It Goes Over Well


One of our clients was rehearsing a song she planned on singing that evening, the evening of Chol HaMoed (Jewish holiday) for our financial patrons at a dinner in their honor.


As soon as she began to sing about Jesus washing her sins away I was mesmerized. The beauty of her voice was indescribable, it gave me goose bumps. One of the counselors at the clinic approached me as I watched, “Beautiful isn’t it?” I nodded my head. “It’s always been one of my favorites.” I replied.
“I hope it goes over well.”
“Why wouldn’t it?
“She’s singing a gospel song…they’re all Jews .”

He looked at me from the corner of his eye and we both burst out laughing.

Oh, Happy Day


Labels:





Posted by @ 10:57 AM
3 comment from: Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Mia, Blogger christina/ohio,