Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Doe, a deer, a female deer



I was walking across my straight out of little house on the prairie campus with a classmate when I spotted a deer feeding.

Mia: Oh look at Deer!

Classmate: A what?

I pointed to where the female deer was grazing ahead of us


Mia: A Deer!

Yeah I get hyped like that, it’s not exactly like Deer’s roam free in the streets of The Bronx. I pointed to the deer again.

Mia: Look over there dammit it’s a deer!

Classmate: What the fuck are you talking about?

Mia: It’s a doe

Classmate: A what?

Mia: A doe, a female deer!

my companion finally spotted it and smiled. I waited a heart beat and couldn’t resist. The song was running through my head. I began to sing…loudly

Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long, long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow Sew
Tea, a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to Doe!


Classmate: What the fuck was that?

Mia: It’s from The Sound of Music

Classmate: Mia, you so are weird.


Do, Re, Mi



Labels: ,





Posted by @ 12:02 AM
4 comment from: Anonymous Anonymous, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger Mia,