Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Alex


Four months ago my friend had a baby boy and I have been having a ball ever since playing “auntie” Mia. I see him a couple of times a week and it is heaven. As soon as he spots me he gets this look of recognition in his eyes and gives me the biggest smile. The closer I get to him the harder he starts kicking his feet and waving his arms it’s like he’s trying to get me to move faster with his actions. At the rate that he’s going I fully expect the kid to take off in flight one day, circle once or twice over his bassinet and make a perfect landing into my arms.

I usually take my time getting over to him never breaking eye contact and talking to him the whole time. By the time I’m reaching out for him he is giggling up a storm and even lets out a high pitch squeal here and there. I love that. It reminds me of dolphins for some reason. I love the look in his eyes when I hold him, the way he stares intently into my face while I talk to him smiling at me when I pause. I love the gales of laughter he rewards me with when I play with him. Spending time with him is almost like a spiritual thing. If only they could bottle that feeing the world would be so much nicer.







Labels: ,





Posted by @ 8:01 AM
9 comment from: Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger Mia, Blogger DannieS72, Blogger Mia, Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger Emory Mayne, Blogger Just Jane, Blogger Mia, Blogger Euneeq,