Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

That’ll do pig , that’ll do


Every now and then you have one of those “Babe” moments when you just gotta pat yourself on the back and say,"Ya done good … that’ll do pig , that’ll do." and just bask in the glow of the moment. I am having one of those glowy moments right now. Slap some wings on my back, throw a diaper on my ass and hand me some heart tipped arrows. I am giving Cupid a run for his money.


I wrote that in my diary last week after successfully hooking up a current friend with my favorite ex-boyfriend Patrick.

One of my home girls recently became available after having an epiphany and getting rid of the albatross around her neck she called a boyfriend. Her history with the loser was a long one. It took a long time for home girl to tap her inner “Super Chick” and break free of the bastard. When I realized that both of my friends were free the wheels in my brain started turning. My home girl found it kind of odd that I’d be hooking her up with my ex but c’mon man this isn’t just any ex this is my favorite ex… the dude that calls me “itty bitty”. I have so many great memories of the dude. As much as I adore him he just wasn’t “the one” for me. They had their first date and all seemed to go well.

They’ve been seeing each other for a week now and my “that’ll do pig, that’ll do." glowiness is fading…fast! Why do some females feel the need to rush things? Why do they want to feel the euphoria of love instantly instead of slowly letting it grow? Why for the love of ju ju beans why? Home girl calls me last night to vent about the fact that:

1) My boy doesn’t want to get married: WTF?! Of course he doesn’t want to get married. He isn’t in love….yet.

2) Homeboy doesn’t want children: Hark the Herald! I dare say WTF?! Please refer to the reason above.

There was a lot more but I’m just too stupefied to list it here. Whatever happened to take your time? Get to know each other. Why the rush? Do you have a catering hall and a church booked some where? Plus I got an odd vibe off of her tonight. We’re supposed to be hitting a club this weekend to celebrate a friends birthday and my home girl invite Patrick to tag along. “I hope he doesn’t feel out of place since my friends are going to be with us.” To which I replied “Na he’ll be fine I’m going to be there.” and she says, “What do you mean by that?!”… The way she said it was kind of cold. Yeah boy I sense a bit of insecurity in the air. What I meant by that was hello we’ve known each other for 9 years we’re used to hanging and partying together so at least he has one friend there that he is comfy with. I have no designs on him if I did I wouldn’t have hooked you up with him.

Next time I want to play cupid someone should kick me …really hard.

Labels:





Posted by @ 2:11 AM
3 comment from: Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo, Blogger The Krispy Dixie,