Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Batwoman is a Big Lesbian


Attention comic book collectors! In a move that probably has my lipstick lesbian grandmother dancing the mambo in her grave New York's DC Comics is reintroducing Batwoman -- as a big lipstick lesbian in a July issue of DC Comics called “52”.

For those unfamiliar with the term, a lipstick lesbian is a feminine lesbian as opposed to the buzz cut plaid wearing dyke stereotype. Batwoman’s alter ego is socialite Kathy Kane and this time around she is 5ft 10 inches tall. You hear that Jackie? She’s the same height as you! That’s one big heffa. Oh yeah and she has a beautiful ex police detective Renee Montoya as her girlfriend. You go girl! Okay that’s where the similarity to Jackie ends. Jackie has her boyfriend Carl, but she’s still one tall ass heffa.

According to news reports the re-invention of Batwoman is part of an attempt to introduce diversity into the super hero world and if you ask me it’s about freaking time. I mean you know rumors have been swirling around Batman and his boy toy wonder Robin for years. Needless to say there are some people who oppose Batwoman being made into a lesbian but to those people I say chill relax it ain’t that serious. Whether you like it or not whether you are tolerant or not the fact remains that there are gay people in this world get over it. I think that giving people something they can identify with is freaking fantastic. I remember as a kid watching West Side Story and being totally amazed and proud that the sharks were Boriquas like me. It wasn’t until I got old enough to understand stereotypes that I was insulted by the movie and I found out that only one of the stars (Rita Moreno) was Puerto Rican but still just the fact that they had Puerto Ricans on a screen was heaven for me.

Labels:





Posted by @ 2:20 AM
4 comment from: Blogger Nooni, Blogger Mr. Khurram, Blogger Anna, Blogger Mia,