Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Friday, May 26, 2006

My Dreams


My dreams often leave a strong impression on me and it is my belief that they are a reflection of what’s going on in my life. They often play out like movies; the cinematography dazzles.Something along the lines of an Ang Lee film. This week my dreams have left me with a feeling of peace.They've also left me with a feeling that something new is headed my way something wonderful I can feel it, something life changing it’s either that or the pizza I just had for lunch, take your pick.

I was awakened at 3:00 am by the smell of flowers and freshly cut grass.I'd gone to bed exhausted so the fact that anything could awaken me was amazing. The sudden appearance of the scent startled me, I sat up in bed and gladly breathed it in. After a few seconds the scent was gone just as suddenly as it had come.I laid back down and snuggled into my blanket. I closed my eyes and felt myself drift off. In my dream I saw a light so bright it hurt my eyes to look at it directly. I could see neither nothing around it nor beyond it just the light. Then all of a sudden I heard a man’s gentle voice say, “Everything will be alright.” And I awoke.I actually had a smile on my face and I felt so peaceful, I felt free.

Later on during the day I was on the subway with Reina on our way to school to pay next semester’s tuition. The dandelion seeds being blown all over The Bronx like little parachutes were just too much for my allergies, my eyes were irritated. I laid back my head and closed my eyes just to rest them. I must have drifted off for a second. I saw a long haired man dressed in white he was standing in front of me inches from my face. He looked into my eyes and laid his hand on my head then he leaned in and kissed my forehead. It was a gentle kiss the kind a father lays on his child. My eyes flew open and I jumped up and said, “Oh shit! Reina I’m going to die that’s it I am going to die!” My sudden movement and the look on my face made Reina laugh, “What?!” I placed my hand on her arm and said, “It’s official final’s week has made me crazy! I am going crazy!" I told her what had happened and she looked at me and moved away from me, “Hey! You’re not supposed to move away, you’re supposed to move closer and comfort me!” The damn slore thought it was hysterical me losing my mind at such a young and tender age. I’ll get her back, I feel a rash of how do you keep an idiot in suspense moments coming on.

Labels:





Posted by @ 2:14 PM
3 comment from: Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger Mr. Khurram, Blogger Mia,