Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Eau de Childhood


When I was a kid I used to LOVE Play-Doh, I used to drive my parents crazy for requests for the stuff, they'd always by me the large multi packs. I'd make fake nails, mustaches, and snakes. I'd sculpt faces and stack coil on top of coil to make a bowl or a cup. Play-doh just opened up my imagination yeah man I loved Play-Doh.

Okay I can’t front I still love the stuff. Only now I get my Play-Doh fix via my little cousin he has tons of the stuff in all colors. One of the things that I liked most about play-doh other than the feel of it was the smell of it. I never knew a kid that didn’t like that smell. I always felt that it should be bottled and made the official scent of childhood. Well it seems that the folks at Hasbro (the makers of Play-Doh) had the same thought and have released “Eau de Play-Doh” in honor of Play-Doh’s 50th anniversary. Supposedly it smells just like the clay! It’s selling for 19.00 a bottle and available at Sephora.com. Yeah I gotta check this out.

I'm sure everyone has a scent that brings them back to their childhood a scent they treasure ... maybe perfume makers could give my favorite childhood smells a try...
New Barbie scent…that’s the light aroma of plastic that hits you when you open up a package containing a brand new Barbie. I’d also like it very much if they could bottle the scent of Oreos and Chips Ahoy! chocolate chip cookies. But most of all I wish they could bottle the smell of playing in an open hydrant on a scorching summer day with your friends on the upper west side or the smell of Miss Lorenzo's kingergarten class back at PS 145 on a spring day. She always kept the door that led to the playground open and a sweet breeze carrying the smell of flowers and freshly mowed grass from the nearby projects would waft in and mingle with the combined aromas of cafeteria food and the parents association cookies and coffee that were down the hall from us. That smell was so comforting to a 5 year old sitting in class.

Labels:





Posted by @ 9:12 AM
2 comment from: Blogger Mica, Blogger eph2810,