Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Chinese man doing yoga on your neck


Have you ever had one of those “special” moments? No I’m not talking about one of those “awwww” moments that brings tears to your eyes. I’m talking about one of those (insert finger quotes here and lower voice to a whisper) “Special” moments. Those moments that leave you feeling like you should be wearing a helmet and riding the short yellow bus to a school that has classrooms with 2 teachers per every 9 students. Yeah man one of those special moments.

After Reina and I took our finals yesterday we bumped into Angela and a couple of her friends and decided to chill together for a little bit. We were walking down the street when all of a sudden Magz said to me,”Mia is that a Chinese man doing yoga on your neck?” I turned to look at the Chinese man she was talking about practically giving myself whiplash; there was no Chinese man there. I was still looking around for the Chinese man doing yoga on the down low when Reina chimed,"your neck she’s talking about your neck.” Then it hit me “ohhh! Doy!” I’d forgotten I have a fairy in a lotus position tattooed on the back of my neck .

I got the yoga fairy while visiting a friend in Michigan and it’s my least favorite tattoo. I'd been told that this tattoo artist was fantastic and his portfolio seemed to support it. He loved my other tatz and my piercings and agreed to fit me in even though I didnt have an appointment. I wore an open shirt with a tube top underneath to give him easy access to the nape of my neck and when I took off the shirt he said I had a beautiful neck and shoulders and immeadiately began massaging my neck and shoulders in order to have me relaxed before he inked me...that should've been a hint for me to bounce right there.


The whole time he was tattooing me he kept telling me what beautiful skin I had and complementing me on my coloring. Hey man what can I say? I was blessed with the melanin that gives me that bronze look. Throughout the entire process my friend had been giggling like a banshee smoking weed. I thought she was just being giddy due to me being there and having someone besides her imaginary friend to talk Spanish to. I was wrong, it turned out Mr. Hottie Gringo Tattoo Dude had a woody, a hard on; his flag was flying full staff the entire time he was doing my neck. I have to admit I thought I felt something poking me in the back but I thought it was his knee. I guess his um “situation” affected his ability to give the tattoo his all because it looks very little the drawing my mother made (my tattoos come from sketches she’s made). When I got home I got it fixed but there’s only so much they can do, and that’s why despite the fact that peeps think my fairy in lotus position tattoo is adorable it remains my least favorite tat which is why I tend to forget I have it until people mention it. That's my excuse for yesterday's "special" moment, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Labels:





Posted by @ 1:21 PM
6 comment from: Blogger Fouad, Blogger Mr. Khurram, Blogger -tnchick-, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky, Blogger JenLo, Blogger Mia,