Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

I Hope He Has A Big Box


The phone rang and Jackie told me that Carl her husband had an Alzheimer’s joke he wanted to tell me. Carl is always good for a laugh. The fact that he sounds just like Christopher Walken cracks me up even more. Btw Carl has taken to calling me “Margaret” as payback for me nicknaming Jackie “Agnes”. I put the phone on speaker since The Yeti (my boyfriend) was in the room with me.



Jackie: Margaret!

Mia: Yes Agnes?

Jackie: Hold on Carl is coming to the phone.

Carl: Hello, who is this? Margaret?

Jackie: Carl, it’s Margaret

Carl: What…what do you want?

Mia: You were going to tell me a joke.

Carl: What joke?

Mia: The joke you were going to tell me.

Carl: What are you talking about?

Mia: What do you mean what am I’m talking about, what are you talking about?

Carl: Bah!

Carl clucked his tongue and handed the phone off to Jackie without saying another word.

Mia: Huh? What was that all about?

Jackie: Nothing.

As Jackie and I continued our conversation Carl could be heard in the background repeating the brief convo we had just had over and over again. As he listened to Carl rambling on in the background the Yeti began to laugh. Several seconds later a light bulb went on over my head. Ohhhhh I get it! I finally "got" Carl’s Alzheimer joke.

Eventually the Yeti stopped laughing long enough to tell Jackie that I’d had another “blonde moment” and that he was going to start collecting my blonde moments.

I hope he has a big box.




Labels: ,





Posted by @ 2:29 PM
3 comment from: Anonymous Tiff Oh Nee, Anonymous frum, Blogger Amanda,