Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Triplets


My mother had just introduced the petite blue eyed blonde at her cousin’s wake to my father for the third time that night; she had also introduced him to two separate men twice. He looked at the glass of wine in her hand and reached for it. “Babe I think you’ve had enough.” “What are you talking about?” “I think you’ve had too much wine.” “Honey I haven’t been drinking wine my aunt knows I hate the stuff this is grape juice.” He sniffed the glass, it was grape juice. “You’ve been drinking grape juice all night?”She nodded her head. “Well I think someone slipped you something because you keep introducing me to the same people over and over again. That’s the third time you’ve introduced me to that blonde.”

She looked up at him and chuckled. “Babe my cousin is a triplet.” “What?” “I introduced you to a set of identical triplets and the guys are two sets of identical twins. The clue should have been when I gave their names. You weren't paying attention were you?" He gave her a guilty smile. "You're messing with me right Mags?" She shook her head and handed him her glass. “Here hold this I’ll be right back.”

Several minutes later she returned with the set of triplets and two sets of twins. "Oh shit" he said just before she re-introduced them. He stared in amazement at the multiples. "We got them on sale at Cosco." my mom joked. One of the twins winked at her, "Yeah our family believes in buying in bulk." One of the triplets laughed, "Our parents were into coupon clipping buy two kids get the third one for free!" The cousins all high fived each other as they laughed. Dad pulled my mom out of the arms of one of the twins and wrapped his arms around her. He kissed the top of her head and asked, "So your entire family, pretty much smart asses like you huh?” The twins, triplets, and mom looked at him and answered in unison “Yes!”




Labels:





Posted by @ 7:17 PM
2 comment from: Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Mia,