Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I See Dead People


I looked out the window and spotted one of our neighbors walking his dog across the parking lot. At first I didn’t believe what I was seeing and I rubbed my eyes a couple of times.


-Hey mom I thought you told me that the big dude with the pit bull died?

--He did

-Are you sure?

--Yes
I closed my eyes and slowly opened them again and whispered to my mother…

--I see dead people

My eyes followed the ghost as he waddled across the parking lot.

-Ma I’m talking about the really BIG guy, the one with the ugly pit bull.

--yeah I know Corina’s uncle.

I stared at the ghost below resting under the big elm tree as his dog sniffed around and lifted his leg against the tree.

-Well I don’t think anyone bothered to tell him he’s dead because I’m looking at him right now.

--What?

-He walks among us woman.

--Mia, what the hell are you talking about?

-Look out the window ma. Hurry up he walks kind of fast for an obese ghost.

She glanced out the window and laughed.

--That’s not Corina’s uncle that’s Alicia’ s son.

-So is he dead or not?

--Corina’s uncle yes. Alicia’s son no.

-Oh thank god because I was about to say that it’s messed up that whatever unfinished business he had here on earth has doomed him to walk that ugly ass dog for all of eternity.




Labels: ,





Posted by @ 12:05 AM
5 comment from: Blogger Just Jane, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Mia, Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo, Blogger Mia,