Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Blood, Sweat, and Tears


Just before leaving for school I nicked my thumb with a razor blade it was nothing major but from the way it continued to bleed one single fat drop of blood at a time you would’ve sworn I had pierced a major artery.


I rinsed the thumb off applied some pressure and thought all was good unfortunately when I slipped my term paper into my messenger bag several minutes later I'd failed to notice the thumb was leaking again.

When I took out the paper at school I saw a wee bit of blood on the paper but with class already in session and my professor holding out her hand in front of me there was no time to run to the library and redo the cover page. I hoped she wouldn’t notice it. She noticed the crimson drop right away. She stared at the paper for a second and furrowed her eyebrows. As I walked away from her she called me back, “Mia, is this blood on the paper? I turned to face her and the smart ass in me broke free from her cage… “Yes m’am it is. That shows you how hard I worked on that paper my blood, sweat, and tears went into it.” She looked at me for a second and laughed.


Labels: ,





Posted by @ 9:45 AM
2 comment from: Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Mia,