Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Shoulder to lean on...


Some people I love are going through a painful period in their lives. Their marriage is coming to an end. After spending half of her life in an arranged marriage to a man she didn’t love the wife has finally found the strength to walk away. They are both wonderful people who deserve nothing but happiness it’s just a shame they couldn’t find it with each other. What once seemed like a promise of love between them never bloomed, it never grew. Instead she lived a lie. Now the time has come when she wants to be free and no one seems to be able to understand this.

Already the families have taken sides. They don’t offer support instead they vilify her. I refuse to take sides, my heart won’t let me. I love them both deeply, profoundly, unconditionally, and above all equally. She stands alone her head down while the family acts as judge, jury, and executioners. I remember reading once, “let he who is without sin, cast the first stone ” obviously these people must be living saints because they bombard her with stones, pebbles, and boulders I speak up in her defense and am told by one of the men to hold my tongue I am only a woman. Before I could reply I hear a familiar voice say, “Only a woman? Had it not been for a woman you would’ve remained a fantasy and some been spilt seed in the palm of your father’s hand.” It was my mother; and people have the nerve to wonder where I get my smart mouth from! My mother comes prepared to defend her best friend and she’s carrying some boulders with her.

I have no boulders, mom’s got that covered. My voice is not deep enough to represent her in the “town” meetings, my father has that covered. What I do have is a shoulder for her to lean on when she feels she can’t go on.



Labels:





Posted by @ 1:53 AM
3 comment from: Blogger Aisha, Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger Mia,