Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Spring


At approximately 1:19 pm today Spring returned to New York City. She came in very quietly not wanting to make a big fuss and take away the spot light from her big brother Winter who still had us shivering in our coats. Still there was something different in the air you could sense she was peeking at you from behind whatever clouds the seasons live on. As I made my way to school bouncing to the intro beat of Cold Play’s “In My Place” I was caressed by the gentlest of breezes , it felt like an icy kiss on my cheek. Winter was bidding me good bye, he was dancing away from me back to his home to hibernate until December when he promised to return.

As she made her way down from the clouds she seemed to make the sun shine brighter embracing us with the promise of flowers and butterflies yet to come. My steps became bouncier and I felt the winter’s chill melting away from my subconscious aware that spring always brings a sense of renewal to me and marks changes in my life. I look forward to them all…

Here are some of the tunes I was listening to as Winter boarded his cloud and left the keys under the mat for his sister Spring… somehow I feel like twirling…. enjoy…


Labels:





Posted by @ 8:31 PM
2 comment from: Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo, Blogger Mia,