Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Off with their thumbs!!



I was watching CNN this morning and I heard something so bizarre that I thought I heard it wrong, something about a mayor advocating the cutting off of thumbs for graffiti artists.

It seems that Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman is really pissed off at graffiti artists. This past Wednesday Goodman suggested that those who deface public property have their thumbs cut off on television. WTF?! What does he do to jay walkers cripple them?


Goodman, appearing on the television program "Nevada Newsmakers" in Reno, said: "In the old days in France, they had beheading of people who commit heinous crimes.

"You know, we have a beautiful highway landscaping redevelopment in our downtown. We have desert tortoises and beautiful paintings of flora and fauna. These punks come along and deface it.”

BTW I heard today that only does he stand by his thumb remark but he is also is in favor of public flogging and caning. I guess he forgot we're living in the USA.

Labels:





Posted by @ 2:54 PM
3 comment from: Blogger Aisha, Blogger Emory Mayne, Blogger nasser,