Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Yeah But How many of Those Little Scented Pine Trees Will You Need To Cover Up The Smell?

The prices of gas are astronomical all over the country. My dad told me he saw a no frills station out here selling it for 3.00 a gallon. Crap that’s more than what I pay for a gallon of milk! So with my car owning financially strapped friends in mind I went on the interweb (my dad’s phrase) and looked up some gasoline alternatives I also read an article that touts the benefits of Cow crap as an alternate source of fuel. With the price of gas soaring I’m sure a lot of drivers would welcome this, but I wonder what will the highway smell like during a traffic jam?

Then there was the article about used cooking oil as a gas alternative. They even have kits for under a 1000.00 that will convert a cars fuel system to allow it to burn grease. I’m not ashamed to admit the thought of driving a car that emitted the smell of French fries as opposed to the smell of cow crap appealed to me. I’d probably be tempted to paint my car in red and yellow and drive around in a Ronald Mc Donald get up.

After reading all that I was left with a realization and a question.
1) Gas Stations would make a killing selling those little pine scented trees. I should def invest in the company that makes them.
2) How many of those trees would it take to cover up the smell of the dung or fry oil?




Posted by @ 11:04 AM
0 comment from: