Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Monday, August 22, 2005

My cousin Nadine


This is my 2 month old cousin Nadine. Adorable isn't she? We met for the first time today and really hit it off. I talked and she giggled and smile. Every now and then it looked like she was about to let me in on one of the secrets of the universe.
I have to admit I didnt know what to expect when I heard she was coming over to visit. My cousin was born with Down's Syndrome and the prognosis the doctors gave for her was downright sad. But when I held her today and saw her reaction to me I just fell in love with the chick. I could feel our shared DNA rushing through her. She's amazed the doctors with her progress so far. She holds up her head for a few seconds and kicks up a storm! She's a happy little chick always smiling and cooing.
I see so much of my mom and uncle in her, this family's genes are buff! She was so active it was really hard for me to get a shot of her where she was not moving. I had to wait til she fell asleep to get this one. I can hardly wait til she's a few months older. I've got the feeling me and little Nadine are going to be spending alot of time trolling museums and parks. I can already see me having a wall full of her pictures...lol




Posted by @ 2:19 AM
0 comment from: