Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Want Some Coffee With That Humble Pie?





About a week and a half ago my BF (pictured here) seemed to get offended that I call my mom’s dearest friend Nora and her hubby “Aunt” and “Uncle” and their children my “cousins”. One of the things he told me was ,”Imagine how that must make your real cousin feel.” He doesn’t understand that in my family sharing the same DNA is not a requirement to be considered family. I’m a very careful listener and when people share their views with me I tend to file the information away for later use. Several days ago the BF was talking to me about his uncle, his Scottish uncle and cousins. My BF is Colombian/Italian so the Scott thing was news to me. “You never told me you were part Scottish too.” He then proceeded to tell me that his uncle was a friend of the family that had known them forever and because of this all the kids of the family called him uncle etc. yadda blah.

Gee that scenario sounded familiar. I let him finish his story and then with one eye brow raised I got him, “Man imagine how that must make your real cousin feel” punctuated with a smile. His face dropped, he knew his words had come back to bite him on his albino white ass. He couldn’t say a damn thing. The look on his face was priceless! Victory was mines!! I didn’t say anything else because it would have spoiled the moment.

You want some coffee with that humble pie beeotch?

Labels: , ,





Posted by @ 10:53 AM
0 comment from: