Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fairy Disturbing


My mom e-mailed me today, nothing unsual about that. I was however freaked out by the chunky fairy she used as her signature. It looks just like my mom. I was compelled to write her back, "Ma why does that fairy look like you? It's disturbing!"
Later on when I got home I asked her about the fairy. My mom does vector art and at times has drawn me and my friends as cartoon characters, she's good. So I wondered if my mom was going through a midlife crisis or something drawing herself as a naked fairy and sending it out to people embedded in her e-mail signature.

Me:Ma did you draw that fairy or did someone do it for you?

I was curious to know if someone was imagining my mommy naked and drawing it.

Mom:No Mia I didn't draw it, it was sent to me. It's by some artist who draws fat chicks as pin up art. And no it's not supposed to be me.
I don't even think it looks like me.


She showed it to my dad.
Dad: That's nice you drew yourself as a naked fairy! Except your boobs aren't that big.

Oh yeah that comment and accompanying mental picture is a keeper.

Mom: I didn't draw it and it's not me.

Dad: Oh shit, well it looks like you! Well except for the boobs.
Mom: Serious?

Me, my sis and bro:
YES!!

Mom:
Oh Damn.



Me: Umm yeah.

Mom:Okay i'm gonna take it off my mail.


I don't know why the damn naked fat fairy looking like my mom bothered me at that instant. So to show there's no longer any squeamishness on my part here's the fairy.




Posted by @ 8:06 PM
1 comment from: Blogger Mia,