Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Peek-a-Boo



We spotted my friend’s boyfriend sitting at the window table of a restaurant making kissy faces with another woman. “It’s probably a guy that looks like him” my friend said. I nodded my head in agreement and frantically waved my hand for a taxi. My other friend, the bitter divorcee walked right up to the window stared and came back to where we were standing. “It’s him.” She reported. shut up, shut up, she knows it’s him she just doesn’t want us to know it’s him. I’m okay with playing ignorant…let’s keep it moving.


I looked up at my friend and saw the look on her face. I tried to pull her away but she refused to budge. “Do you want to go in and confront him?” I asked. “Mia, do something!” the bitter divorcee demanded of me. I looked back at the window and then at my friend. “What do you want to do?” I asked. “What would you do if it were you?” she asked. “I’d go in say hello, walk out the door and never talk to him again.” She smiled at me, “No you wouldn’t. You’d punch him in the face wouldn’t you?” “No, I wouldn’t. He's not worth me breaking a nail.” “Come on let’s go in!” said the bitter divorcee. I had a feeling that the bitter divorcee's outrage had more to do with her own marriage than my friend's situation. Since the girlfriend made no move towards the restaurant I continued my quest for a cab.

After several minutes a cab stopped in front of us. I asked him to give us a minute before we got in since the girl friend was hesitatant about leaving. After several seconds of discussing how i'd handle it versuses bitter divorcee's Lorena Bobbit plan the girlfriend begged me to handle it. "It's better if you do it. I don't involve myself in lover's drama." I told her. "Please Mia?" she pleaded. “You sure?” I asked. My friend nodded her head while the bitter divorcee started removing her earrings. I figured I'd better handle it before the girlfriend turned to bitter divorcee and her plan. I rolled my eyes at bitter divorcee as I dialed the cheating bastard’s number.

He answered on the third ring undoubtedly curious as to why I’d be calling him. “Hey Mia, what’s up?” “Peek-a-boo I see you and so does your girlfriend you shmuck.” “What?” “Look out the window.” I said before hanging up. He turned his face towards the window and stared at us. I smiled at him and waved while bitter divorcee flipped him the bird, and his girlfriend glared in his direction. The look of shock on his face was priceless as we got into the cab and drove off. Her phone started ringing immediately,it wasn't what she thought he said. I'd like to say that she'd tossed the phone he'd gotten her out the taxi window and ended the relationship but she didn't. Everyone has their own way of handling things.



Labels:





Posted by @ 1:04 AM
6 comment from: Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Mia, Blogger christina/ohio, Anonymous Anonymous,