Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Throwing Candy


I was staring at the huge oak tree outside of our class window. I wasn't into the lecture the professor was giving on identifying the different markers of various mental disorders. I was admiring the color of the autumn leaves by moon light and lamp post when I heard the professor stop her lecture and ask the class a question.


“How would we classify a self-mutilator?” my professor asked.

The class was silent.The professor asked the question again this time rephrasing it. “How would we classify someone who cuts themselves?”

I decided I better answer her question since it appeared no one knew the answer and there's only so many ways you can rephrase a question.

“Borderline personality disorder” I said with confidence.

My professor approached my desk beaming at me.

“That’s correct Mia!” she looked as if she wanted to pinch my cheeks or something.

“I wish I had some Halloween candy to throw at you!” she said as jumped up and down and clapped her hands enthusiastically.

“Throw candy at me? Like Hershey miniatures and stuff?” she nodded her head eagerly.

“Oh, definitely!”

I smiled and nodded my head. She had to be hopped up on candy corn there was no other plausible explanation for her wanting to pelt me with candy. The holidays are quickly approaching and I’m of mind to keep my mouth shut in class from now on. I’m too scared to even contemplate what she’ll want to throw at me during Thanksgiving and Christmas.




Labels: ,





Posted by @ 8:30 AM
3 comment from: Blogger Unknown, Blogger christina/ohio, Anonymous Reid Paul,