Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Jesus Christ !



Sometimes I have a party and no one is around to invite so i’m stuck enjoying it solo. This was the case late last night. I was reading a novel by Margaret George titled “Mary, called Magdalene” while on the subway on my way to meet a friend. I was just at the part where Mary Magdalene meets Jesus for the first time and noticed that the train was pulling into a stop. The doors opened and in came this man that was the spitting image of the Hollywood version of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ Superstar. He had brown shoulder length hair with soft waves, his eyes were a shade lighter than my own kind of amber colored and his skin even though it had a hint of color was also about 1/2 a shade lighter than my own. I was amazed, our eyes locked and I imagined that I was not the first person to think that he looked like Hollywood Jesus, Jesus Christ Superstar.

Just then the theme to Jesus Christ Superstar began running through my head

Jesus Christ Superstar smiled gently at me and I smiled back, quickly looking away because I was about to laugh. The series of coincidences before me was just too funny.

Bless me Father for I have sinned I look at this man before me and have the need to break out into a chorus of "Jesus Christ Superstar"

Now this is the part when having no one to invite to a party comes in. If I had been in the company of Reina or Jackie I can only imagine the jokes that would have been flying out of my mouth. I know, I know I'm going to hell, mea culpa baby, mea culpa.

The fact that Jesus Christ Superstar was standing before me and I was reading a book on Mary Magdalene and that my proper name happens to be Maria, which means Mary in English (Mia has been my nickname since birth) and that I was born on Christmas day was not lost on me. Just then I remembered that my grandpa's given name is Jose (Joseph) and my mama's name is Magda. Oh man I could feel a fit of giggles coming on. I struggled to hold my laughter in. I tried to go back to reading the book, it wasn't working I couldn't concentrate I kept reading the same lines over and over again. I felt the weight of someone's stare. I peeked over my book and once again locked eyes with Jesus, he was staring at me again. He looked as if he wanted to say something to me, his lips parted slightly as if to speak A blessing perhaps? Maybe he was going to turn my Snapple into wine?

Just then he noticed the cover of the book I was now covering my smile with. He looked at the title... then at me and tilted his head slightly to the side and gave me a smile as he arched his eye brow at me. I tilted my head and arched my eyebrow in an imitation of him and it caused a warm smile to spread over his face. I felt a small laugh escape my lips,which made him laugh as well just then we pulled into my stop.

Father bless me I'm headed out into the world. Times Square to be exact.

I stood up and noticed Jesus checking me out, when I looked back Jesus was staring at my butt I’m sure that’s against one of the commandments. As I made my way off the platform I found myself humming "Don't Know How To Love Him" I made myself laugh again thinking about how it would be to date this Jesus look alike. Can you imagine living with him? "WTF Jesus! You can raise the dead, walk on water, feed the multitudes with a few fish and some bread but you can’t remember to put the toilet seat down?!"

::Jesus Christ Superstar::
Powered by Castpost

::Don't Know How To Love Him::
Powered by Castpost

Labels: ,





Posted by @ 1:52 AM
7 comment from: Blogger Gem, Blogger TotallyHappened, Blogger DannieS72, Blogger Mr. Khurram, Blogger DannieS72, Blogger Mia, Blogger TotallyHappened,