Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

To sleep, perchance to dream...


I’ve been having the weirdest dreams lately but the one I had last night is going to cause someone to smack me upside the head today. I’ve already started getting dirty looks and have been asked what’s in my coffee and if I've smoked any wicked wicked weed today. No I have not thank you very much...people just say no to drugs! I rarely have nightmares, 99.9 % of the time my dreams are happy, sometimes they have complete soundtracks other times I wake up laughing. I also tend to dream a lot in vibrant colors.

Last night I had a dream that’s left me with lingering side effects. At one point in my dream the Mia in the dream turned and spoke to me the real Mia. It was as if you were watching TV and all of the sudden the character stops in the middle of the show and turns to the camera and starts talking to you specifically.

My dream took place inside a cabaret club. The little bistro tables had these beautiful cream colored satiny table cloths. The chairs were wood with leather padding the same color as the table cloths. The floor was was black and so shiny you could see yourself in it. I remember thinking diablo somebody can really bust their ass dancing on that floor. There was a lot of smoke in the place it seemed everybody and their mama was smoking. I was sitting at the table with several friends. None of whom I know in real life by the way but they seemed like really nice people. Each of us had a drink in front of us, mines was an amber color. There was some nice jazz music playing in the back ground.

All of a sudden an emcee took the stage and announced the name of a performer ( I couldn’t make it out) the room went dark and out of the shadows into the waiting spotlight stepped a young girl well she was actually a lady but made up to look younger than her actual age. She was dressed as Judy Garland’s “Dorothy” in the Wizard of Oz and began singing “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” I was totally amazed by her impersonation of her and as she got half way through the song the dream Mia turned and spoke to sleeping Mia. She said,” Man I didn’t know I knew all the words to this song!”

“Dorothy” then left the stage and an older Judy came back and went through an entire repertoire of Judy Garland songs that spanned her career. Dream Mia turned to her friends and exclaimed aloud, “Man she is fantastic! I wonder if Liza Minelli knows about her?” When she was done singing I stood up and gave her a standing ovation and awoke. I now am driving everyone around me crazy me I can’t get “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” out of my head and have been singing it since 6 am. Good lord it’s going to be a long day. Oh yeah did I mention I'm doing an impression of Judy Garland as I sing it? Yup yup it's gonna be a long day...lol

Labels:





Posted by @ 8:30 AM
5 comment from: Blogger Mica, Blogger Aisha, Blogger Mia, Blogger Fouad, Blogger Mia,