Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Friday, March 24, 2006

A Nightmare Come True...

This is a nightmare come true for me. A store in Salt Lake City is making jewelry made from LIVING Madagascar Hissing Roaches…. WTF?!!! OH HELL NO! allow me to repeat myself once more for emphasis OH MOTHER FRIGGING HIZELL NO!!!

See it’s bad enough when it's plain old roaches but when you start messing with roaches that are so large that their “smiles” can be seen across the room … that’s just wrong. Then you factor in that these heffas make noise, (they hiss, hence the name hissing roaches) DAMN! As the photos here show the head of the roaches are decorated with jewels,then a little leash is attached to them and the other end is attached to your clothing… and you wear them…and they crawl all over you…THEY CRAWL ALL OVER YOU…ROACHES…BIG HISSING ROACHES WITH COLORFUL STONES GLUED TO THEIR GIGANTIC HEADS WEARING LITTLE CHAINS CRAWL ALL OVER YOUR BODY. Good God the therapy hasn’t been invented yet to get me over a trauma like that.

Okay I don’t want to say this but I’m forced to. It’s common knowledge that in the Latino and Black community we are of the mind that white people are crazy. I dunno maybe it’s the lack of melanin in their bodies. But when they go out and do stupid crap like this, well what can I say they just add to the myth. I know damn well that if a Latina is given jewelry made out of roaches; it doe not matter that the roach is covered in precious stones or not. Either way you’re going to get maced and bitch slapped with a can of Raid. You’re getting your ass kicked.Period, end of story. Now if you give this particular Puerto Rican a piece of jewelry like that not only am I kicking your ass but I’m going after any family members that may resemble you as well and you can bank money on the fact that everytime I remember that you gave me roach jewelry you will be getting slapped. I'm not playing.

The roach jewelry sells for $40.00 in the store and $80.00 online. I’ve been googling trying to find the store’s name and website but I’ve had no luck so far. However here is the Reuters video of the story….Enjoy...
Designer uses roaches to make jewelry

Labels:





Posted by @ 10:29 AM
10 comment from: Blogger Just Jane, Blogger Emory Mayne, Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo, Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger sadiq, Blogger Mica, Blogger Fouad, Blogger Mia, Blogger sadiq,