Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Monday, September 19, 2005

La Sheehan Tour hits New York

Peace Fountain: The Cathedral of St. John the Divine


La Sheehan has arrived in New York City ,she gave a speech last night in a Brooklyn church filled with 400 supporters, "It's time to do the right thing. It's about my oldest son never coming home again. It's about me never getting to hear his voice. It's about me never getting to stroke his head. I'm never going to have grandchildren from him," she said, her voice breaking the silence in the Lafayette Ave. church. Cindy seems to have a fellow parent tailing her on the trip. Gary Qualls also lost his oldest son in Iraq but his views differ from La Sheehan. Qualls feels that Cindy Sheehan is a "treacherous dissident". Qualls spoke to reporters and supporters in Bryant Park holding one of the wooden crosses that had been planted at Camp Casey. The cross had his son’s name on it Louis Qualls, 20. "Cindy Sheehan does not speak for America. And she does not speak for me,” said Qualls, 48. "She is destroying the morale of the service members that are protecting us all."

La Sheehan will speak in New York again tonight at my one of my favorite places here in New York, The Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine on 112th St. at Amsterdam Ave. The cathedral is a work of art. If she’s smart she’ll pose in front of The Peace Fountain at the church it’s a great photo op for her. Maybe I’ll walk over and check it out.




Posted by @ 10:55 AM
0 comment from: