Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Monday, September 19, 2005

I’m trying to catch the deluge of everyone’s feelings in a paper cup


“There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're traveling with me”-
Don’t dream it’s over (Crowded House)

I have a problem. Well actually considering everything that’s going on in the world today; Hurricane Katrina,Bush and Condaleeza passing notes during conferences, and Cindy Sheehan finally losing what was left of her marbles, my problem’s nothing just a blip in the rhythm of life.

Two off the hook people that I adore seem to resent each other. I have a best friend and a boyfriend. As friends go she is everything you could possibly want in a friend. As boyfriends go he is everything you could possibly want in a boyfriend and more. I consider myself fortunate to have both of them be part of my life.
So you’d figure that putting these two fantastic people together in any given situation would cause no problems right? That it would be one big love fest. Wrong. It's akin to the situation in Israel between the Palestenians and Israeli's. Peace is often had for about a minute then the conflicts flare up again. They can’t seem to get along with each other. They both seem to resent the position the other occupies in my life. He claims that I enjoy the tug of war going on between the both of them for my attention. Bull snot,I don’t enjoy it . It gives me no secret thrill, no joy. To be honest it’s really exhausting. I’d love it if they both would realize that ( this is where Crowded House lyrics come in) no one could ever build a wall between us. Sometimes I feel like I’m trying to catch the deluge of everyone’s feelings in a paper cup.

Labels:





Posted by @ 12:35 AM
0 comment from: