Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Kiss a Latino it’s National Hispanic Heritage Month

Mia @ 6 months holding Puerto Rican flag


Kiss a Latino it’s National Hispanic Heritage Month ( 9.15 – 10.15 )!
I’m all late in announcing it. I had actually forgotten all about it until I was watching the news this morning and saw a Latino themed Mickey D’s commercial. I did a double take, checking the TV and my remote to see if someone had changed the television to Telemundo or Galavision. Nope I was still watching gringo TV. Aha!!! I thought people speaking Spanish on gringo TV when there’s no Latin Grammy or any other Latino awards show being shown... wtf?! Something must be up this doesn't happen everyday!"Ayyyy yi yi it must be Hispanic Heritage month!" I said to myself.I ran to check my calendar and yup yup sho' enough there it was 'tis that time of year once again. The time of year when we get border month. You know we don't get the entire month from the beginning instead it's 1/2 of Sept. and half of Oct. I consider this an homage to my border crossing illegal cousins.

In the interest of education I will be presenting little fun Latino facts from now until 10. 15…. In addition to my regular drivel…




Posted by @ 12:50 PM
1 comment from: Blogger Just Jane,