Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Discovering Sex and The City

All my life I have been a later bloomer. I think in part because I was born 3 months premature and have been trying to catch up ever since. I didn’t walk until I was 1, didn’t get my first tooth until I was 13 months. The only thing I have ever done early was talk , and write. I started writing a novel on vampires living in Belvedere Castle on Central Park when I was in 2nd grade.

Sex and The City was on the air for several years and finally went off the air I don’t know how long ago and NOW is when I’m getting into it. At the time it was on I wasn’t interested in the adventures of a bunch of 30’ish white horny women. Now i'm discovering Sex and The City...late bloomer what did I tell ya?

Last week while at my friends house I caught a Sex and The City re-run and I loved it. Turns out my friend has the whole series on DVD and we’ve been watching a few episodes every night since.

My friends who were really into the show would always tell me that I reminded them of the Carrie character on the show. Not ever having watched the show I was clueless. Last night as we were starting on the Season 5 DVD a couple of my friends started the Mia is Carrie discussion again. One of the girls called out to my mom and asked her which character was most like me, “Carrie” my mom yelled out.
So with that resolved we then discussed as we were waiting for the intro to stop which of the series character mirrored each of us the most. Hands down we felt Guaynette was Samantha, Jackie was Miranda, Reina was Charlotte and despite me disagreeing they all thought I was most like Carrie. I think it’s the writing and the sarcastic sense of humor that makes them think that.

Well now that I’m almost done with Sex and The City maybe I should check out The Sopranos I’ve never seen that show either.




Posted by @ 9:04 AM
1 comment from: Blogger J,