Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

2 Months To Live...

I saw this movie My Life Without Me and was totally blown away by every aspect of this film. The plot, the music, the entire cast, the writing, acting, hell even the cinematography. The producers were Pedro and Agustín Almodóvar. I am a big fan of Pedro Almodóvar It was directed by Isabel Coixet, a truly gifted director.

The plot of the flick revolves around this 23 yr old woman, Ann played by Sarah Polley learning she has only 2 months to live. Wait before you dismiss it as one of those boogering “Beaches” movies it’s not. There is nothing maudlin or weepy about this flick.

There’s a scene in the movie when the lead character sits down and writes a list of 8 things she wants to do before she dies. That made me think. Which is always a dangerous thing on my part. If I had two months left to live what 8 things would I do? Then my mind turned to that oddball assortment of people I call my friends and wondered what would they do. I made an informal survey and will be posting up their answers and the ensuing convo around it in a few days as soon as I’m done registering for the fall semester. But in the meantime I leave you with the same question I asked them...
“You’ve been told you have two months to live but your finances are such that you can’t get away and travel. What eight things would you do?”




Posted by @ 2:12 PM
0 comment from: