Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Free Bird


When I study my focus is so intense I block out everything going on around me with the exception of music. The BF and I have very different tastes in music he’s a lil’ bit county and I’m a little bit (actually alot)alternative rock & roll. I was working on my notes when the BF decided to test the speakers he’d just hooked up in my room. He was using his own play list and although his selection wasn’t too bad it wasn’t inspiring the much needed adrenaline to help me finish writing out the last few paragraphs on the paradoxes of obesity and malnutrition among the poor in this country.

Then THE song came on. As soon as the opening chords came blasting out of my speakers in window rattling volume my head snapped up and a smile slowly spread over my face. “FREE BIRD!!” I yelled out at the top of my lungs and jumped up pumping my fist in the air. Then I started singing along,"If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me? For I must be travelling on, now, 'Cause there's too many places I've got to see...." Between you and me I scared the hell out of the BF. He thought I finally wigged out under the pressure of finals. He just didn't know about my history with that song.

You know how there’s always that one song that makes you lose your friggin’ marbles? For me that song is Free Bird. My boyfriend never knew this about me. So when he witnessed it he looked at me as if I were several kinds of stupid for a brief second . Then the look on his face changed to one of total adoration as he realized it was one of his songs that had made me flip out. I could tell that at that precise moment he fell a little more in love with me. Maybe next week I’ll clue him in that I’m into NASCAR too.

Labels: ,





Posted by @ 12:38 AM
4 comment from: Blogger Darla, Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger Mia, Blogger Mia,