Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Martin Luther King Jr.


Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Today we as a people honor the birth of this martyr. Who without resorting to terrorism he managed to change this country for the better. Listening to his speeches has made me realize how far we as people have come in this country and how far we still have to go. I see too many of my generation walking around degrading Dr. King’s vision and dream. Too many happily and willingly live up to the stereo-types society has imposed on them. It’s time for my generation of Americans period to live up to Dr.King’s perception and hope for us as a nation. It’s time to live up to his dream.

In his mountain top speech he talks about our ills as a nation and the promise that lays ahead and how people will make a change. This speech was his last, given the night before he was murdered in 1968. Delivered decades before my life began it is still relevant and true today. His words inspire me and move me to be a better person. I hope they will have the same effect on you. I too have a dream and that is that one day religion, race, creed will not matter in this world. Jew, Christian, and Muslim will live together without hate that we will all remember we are brothers and sisters in the eyes of our creator…that we will be able to live in peace, live in harmony and turn hatred into love.




Link: The King Center

Labels: , ,





Posted by @ 10:30 AM
0 comment from: