Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Happy Birthday!!


This is my uncle Junito aka Chino and today is his 30th birthday. He still looks like a kid. I love each of my uncles for different reasons. This is the uncle that refuses to accept that I’m an adult he still sees me as a toddler running around the house in diapers. Without a doubt next to me he has the sense of humor I have ever seen. Nothing is sacred for him everything is a potential joke target. He is also a masterful story teller; he’s been known to make people cry from laughing so hard.

He was kind of sad about turning 30 today you know getting older and all that stuff. My mom looked at him and said,” oh for the love of God turning 30 is way better than dying at 29.” He looked at her and said,” you know what you’re right” and launched into a hysterical story about the cable guy singing him “Happy Birthday” in an African dialect.

I know he’s going to have a great birthday today his “little brother” Uncle Abbie (28 ½) is taking him to dinner my mom was thrilled because it’s been awhile since (as she calls them) “mis nenes” (my little boys) have spent time alone together without the wives, kids and assorted pets running around.

Happy Birthday Uncle Chino…I love ya!




Posted by @ 6:24 PM
5 comment from: Blogger Mr. Khurram, Blogger Just Jane, Blogger Leah, Blogger Mr. Khurram, Blogger Mia,