Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Thank you...


It occurs to me that since Valentine’s Day is set aside for current loves, then the day after Valentine’s Day should be set aside to honor former loves. So after spending a very enjoyable valentines day with my current love it seems to me that today’s the perfect day to recollect former loves. My love life hasn’t been all sunshine and lollipops, along the way I’ve had my ego bruised and my heart broken a few times. It also shames me to admit that I have been guilty of breaking a few hearts too.

I’ve been blessed with the love of some good, kind, decent men. Each of them encouraged my dreams and had faith in me when I may have been doubting myself. Then of course I’ve had that one guy that to this day I say to myself WTF was I thinking? Now I wince at the mention of his name and just to have to laugh at myself for having gone there but we did have some great times together and grew up together. I don’t regret any of the relationships I’ve had, from each of them I took something, each one was a learning experience and helped to make me the woman who is sitting at this keyboard today, each relationship was a gift.

Patrick taught me how to deliver the perfect kiss and how to travel the “world” via mass transit system, fix my computer and that I had the ability to make a grown man blush just by looking at him. He also taught me that despite what my people said ex boyfriends can be your best friends.

Joaquin gave me an appreciation for Mexican art, Martha & The Vandellas, Low riders and fine ass Chicanos serenading me on moonlit nights. Chris taught me about tattoos and where in the Bronx to get the best tats (Michelangelo’s). Kenneth taught me if it walks like duck, and quacks like a duck it’s pretty much certain that 99.9 percent of the time it is a friggin’ duck. Jose taught me all about Mexican tequila, mariachi music, Vicente Fernandez and introduced me to my dog Kane. Chino whom I was on and off with for five years taught me the complete works of Tupac and Jay-Z which impressed the hell out of thugs when ever I chilled at a house jam. He also taught me the difference between blueberry, chocolate and mango-pina weed. Most of all he taught me about the way a man’s mind works.


So to all my past loves, thank you for having loved me.


Powered by Castpost

Labels:





Posted by @ 10:11 AM
3 comment from: Blogger Just Jane, Blogger Aisha, Blogger Emory Mayne,