Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Miracle...



I believe in miracles call me a dreamer but I really do. For the past couple of days I’ve been following the story of the 13 miners trapped underground in Tallmansville, West Virginia after an explosion Monday morning. Yesterday morning the situation for the miners didn’t look too promising after the levels of carbon dioxide were tested in the mine but still as a human you have to have hope, have faith. Last night before I went to bed I heard on the news that the 12 of the 13 miners had been found alive. This morning when I awoke to the sounds of 1010 WINS News I heard that there had been a “miscommunication” that it had been an erroneous report that in reality 12 of the 13 were dead and the lone survivor a 27 yr old man was in critical condition but expected to live.

My heart broke for the families imagining the jubilation they must have felt at first only to be devastated later on when the news of the miscommunication came to light. I wish it had turned out differently for the families but I still believe in miracles after all isn’t the survival of the one miner a miracle in itself?


Story Link: 13 Miners Trapped

Labels:





Posted by @ 8:57 AM
0 comment from: