Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Monday, January 02, 2006

The Giant Brownie Muffin...


Happy New Year! I hope your holiday season was a blast b/c mine sure was.Well being that the year is officially only 2 days old and I’ve had no WTF moments as of yet let’s talk about last night.

I learned something last night; moms under the influence of drugs are the most hysterical thing in the world…better than people slipping on ice. While visiting some neighbors my 43 yr old mother managed to catch a contact high off of them and their guests. Their apartment was like a giant bong and momma was feeling the effects when she left. My mom hasn’t smoked weed since she was in her 20’s, she never had the tolerance for it. She should be ashamed seeing that she comes from a long line of tokers. Hey, hey there is no shame in that Shakespeare smoked the ganja as did Carl Sagan, Al Gore, and Clinton although he claims he didn’t inhale (sure he didn’t). Just in case you’re wondering na I don’t do the weed, I have on occasions with friends taken a toke here and there but it’s not my thing. I’m giddy enough without the stuff.

Ah but I digress….anyway so my mom was kind of buzzed and had a couple of “little umbrella” drinks in her as well. This combined with the fact that she hadn’t eaten all day made for a pretty interesting evening. There came a point when my mom got the munchies and decided to bake a cake. Don’t ask me why but the woman decided that what she wanted more in the world on December 31, 2005 was a giant brownie muffin and she baked one (see photo). When she was done baking we took photos of her creation and she kept telling my dad “Hon all we need now is a coffee mug that can hold about ½ gallon of coffee!” My dad thought she was too adorable and told her so. The rest of us couldn’t stop laughing.

Labels: , , ,





Posted by @ 12:53 AM
1 comment from: Blogger Just Jane,