Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

God Bless Morning Star Farms!


In the interest of good health Jane quit smoking and I have given up meat and fried foods. I’m a nerd there I said it. It seems that I am developing some of my mother’s old allergies. Meat makes me sick. So I’ve quit cold turkey no pun intended…wait that’s not meat it’s poultry right? I get a headache and feel nauseous after consuming meat, not to mention it’s been giving me skin reactions as well. The giving up fried food part was because of my heart. I was born with a minor heart problem but my doctor sweats bullets whenever he finds out I had a French fry so for his sake and the well being of my heart I have said adios to French fries. In all honestly I’ve always preferred them baked anyway but when you’re on the run and only have a couple of pesos Mickey D’s is the place.

It’s been quite a shock to my stomach to be denied my moms bistec en salsa ( steak in a red sauce) and Aunt Nora’s lamb chops. My poor tummy has always looked forward to the occasional hamburger or steak. So for now I’m munching on the chicken hard core. I can’t eat fish because I’m allergic to it. Told you I was a nerd. However joy oh joy I discovered Morning Star Farms and bless their little capitalistic hearts they make a whole line of vegan products! There’s only so much veggies I can eat man. Imagine my shock last night when my mom served me Buffalo wings and I found out not only were they not Buffalo but they were not chicken either. It’s some type of soy/chick pea contraption! I went to their website and found they make “steak” strips and a whole other bunch of stuff. GOD BLESS THEM!!! I can actually eat eggs again! I gotta check out the site more thoroughly maybe they make mock shrimp too. I hope I don’t get hooked on the stuff only to have a study come out claiming they’ll give me anal warts or something.

Labels:





Posted by @ 3:55 AM
2 comment from: Blogger Just Jane, Blogger DannieS72,