Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Pat Robertson puckers up..


Pat Robertson has finally seen the light about those stupid comments he recently made about Israeli Prime minister Sharon’s stroke being a punishment from God for giving up the Gaza strip to the Palestinians. He issued a formal apology to Sharon and Israel. In a letter marked for hand delivery to Sharon's son Omri, Robertson called the Israeli prime minister a "kind, gracious and gentle man" who was "carrying an almost insurmountable burden of making decisions for his nation." Ohhh can’t you see him puckering his lips to kiss butt as he wrote the letter? My tingly Mia senses tell me that there’s some major ass kissing going on…
"My concern for the future safety of your nation led me to make remarks which I can now view in retrospect as inappropriate and insensitive in light of a national grief experienced because of your father's illness," the letter said. I ask your forgiveness and the forgiveness of the people of Israel," Robertson wrote. Yup, mega major ass kissing going on.

I wish I could say that it was deep reflection that caused Roberston to change his mind but it wasn’t. His change of heart was inspired by the love for the almighty greenback. Robertson was supposed to be part of a group building the Christian Heritage Center in the northern Galilee region. The center which I guess is supposed to be some sort of Jesusland of course would have made Robertson a lot of mullah. I wonder though would they’ve had people dressed in apostle costumes greeting the guests like Disneyland? Maybe they would have had a roller coaster in the form of Noah’s Ark. Concessions selling fried fish…seminars on how to make water into wine… sorry my imagination got the best of me. After watching Robertson stick his foot in his mouth and suck the lint balls off of his socks in an attempt to make it all right, Israeli officials decided to kick him off the project… an eye for an eye my butt, nothing says vengeance better than a kick in the ol’ wallet.

Despite the apology, its doubtful Robertson is going to be allowed to a part of the project. The chances of them changing their minds are about as equal of me being able to eat a shrimp without having to go to an emergency room. None. It’s kind of ironic that a man who built his fortune on television ministries is not going to be allowed to be part of a project that is going to include television studios and satellite links for live broadcasts from the Holy Land.

Labels:





Posted by @ 9:37 PM
0 comment from: