Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Women and Laughter...


Three mice are sitting around getting drunk talking about how gansta’ they are…

Mouse 1: Man I’m so gansta I eat rat poison for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I’m still here!

Mouse 1 and 2: Ohhhhhh shit son that’s gangsta’, that’s gangsta!

Mouse 2: That ain’t shit I’M so gansta I stick my hand in mouse traps snatch the cheese out and when the traps snap I shake ‘em off!

Mouse 1 and 3: OHHH SHIZNIT!!! You got it son you got it THAT’S gangsta!!

Just then the 3rd mouse got up to leave and the other 2 mice asked him, "Yo son where you going?"

Mouse 3: I’m going home to fuck the cat.


According to a recent study by Stanford University on women, men, and how their brains process jokes they found that for women a good laugh is like good sex, they appreciate it more because it is so unexpected. People I think we should be questioning why the hell they are spending money studying this.. but then that’s just me.

"I don't know if women enjoy humor more, but they seem to appreciate a punch line more than men," said Allan Reiss, director of the university's Center for Interdisciplinary Brain Sciences Research.

Women comics agree, “Women have been disappointed so consistently that when something hits them right, it really hits them right," said comedian Lisa Lampanelli. Comedienne Thea Vidale said, "women just need to laugh more than men."
"I think women hear a joke better, just the way they appreciate the smell of a flower better than men," she said.

Jamie Masada, owner of the Laugh Factory in New York and Los Angeles, agrees that women get more out of a joke "because they listen better."
"Men are more aggressive and they want comics to prove they are funny," he said. "Women are more nurturing to the comedian and appreciate the humor more."
The study used an MRI to monitor the brains of 10 men and 10 women watching a series of black-and-white cartoons with captions. "We tinkered with the captions to make some of them not funny," Reiss said. "Males expected things like cartoons to be funny more than women," he said. "What we found is that when women found a cartoon funny, the reward center area of their brains really lit up, much more so than the mens'."

Maybe that’s why we live longer as well because we laugh more… shhhh Emory I can just imagine what you’re going to say!

Labels:





Posted by @ 8:48 AM
2 comment from: Blogger Emory Mayne, Blogger Mia,