Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A Sentimental Mush Sits Among Them...

Today was the first day back to school for me. What joy! Actually I lucked out I’ve got a pretty decent group of professors. One of the classes I’m taking is Deviant Behavioral Psychology and the entire class is made up of women, well okay we have ONE dude. I kind of pity his butt when we all start PMS’ing. I know it’s a stereotype but one that causes me to smile when I think about it. Poor guy he better run while he has the chance.

I kind of feel like a film critic in this class; the professor informed us the class will consist basically of us watching flicks like Monster, Requiem For A Dream and analyzing the main characters. Here’s the thing though I’ve seen all of the films she listed for us and ummm I’m kind of not looking forward to watching Requiem For A Dream with the entire class. The reason being, that the book made me cry. I don’t mean little tears and a sniffle here and there I mean big ass sobs. Did I mention I was reading this book on the subway? I had people staring at me as if I were a lunatic. Wasn’t too bad though, a few people offered me Kleenex. Once a guy spotted me across the train and he had the same book too. He looked at me and made the universal grimace meaning sadness. Yup he knew what I was going through. He could feel my pain.

When I saw the movie for the 1st time it was worse. Five minutes after the movie ended I was still sitting and crying,my body wracking from sobbing so much. My eyes were all puffy from crying and my nose was red. I was the picture of loveliness. Oh man I was a mess! I vowed never to see it again. Then one day (dammit) wouldn’t you know I was with Guaynette , the movie came on and she made me watch it with her. I figured okay I can handle this… a duhhh I’ve already seen the damn movie. Oh man was I wrong. This time my eyes started getting all teary as soon as the lead character came on. So now I’m having a dilemma… am I prepared to see this movie with a group of fellow students and my teacher? People I will be sharing classes with all semester see me crying like a blitch and boogering up in class like a kid who’s been told there's no tooth fairy ? God help them all for they do not know the sentimental mush that sits amongst them.




Posted by @ 9:48 PM
0 comment from: