Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Tweaking the nipples and King George was ghetto....

The past few weeks have been kind of hectic, studying for finals, handing in term papers….they’ve gone by in a blur. A few moments stand out in terms of joy and giggles…

I got an “A” on my abnormal psych. term paper, totally unexpected but well earned, busted my hump on the darn thing.It was the highest grade in the class.. Whoot! Whoot! In history class we had this project due on revisionist and anti-revisionists and World War I… I was totally lost on that one. The whole class was having trouble with it, even the class nerd was perplexed. So much so that the professor gave us an extra week to do the assignment when he saw we were all having trouble with it. When the papers were handed in he gave them back with no grades, the man wasn’t thrilled… all except mine I got a “C” on it. If I had handed in a stronger paper my grade would have been higher. Honestly I was so sick of the damn thing I know I really didn’t give it my best… I could have done more.. but at the same time I was working on a dead line for my abnormal psych paper, studying for a couple of exams and I couldn’t see the forest for the trees with the revisionist paper. I can’t complain a C is not too bad,okay it’s not great but considering no one else got a grade on the damn thing I’m a happy ‘rican.

One of my Egyptian friends Ahmed was just diagnosed with Hepatitis C, he got it from a blood transfusion… their blood screening system is not as stringent as ours. I’m hoping he will be fine and that his wife and baby didn’t catch it as well…. On a happier note another one of my friends Mahmoud just got his visa approved and will be here by the end of the summer. I intend to make him fall in love with NYC much the same way he made me fall in love with Egypt and the people out there.

Okay now here’s a moment that just stands out because it’s one of those “ you gotta laugh” moments. My friend Reina has this thing about my breasts; she loves my bras and the support they offer. She and I are the same cup size it’s just that genetics have been kinder to me in terms of firmness and perkiness… I was spending the night at her crib a few nights ago and was in my pj’s when she comes up to me and cradles my boobs.. and starts whining , “Damn Mia I want these bras, this one is great look at the way they hold them way up there.. What bra is this?” I looked at her and said, “Reina I am not wearing a bra… let go of my boobies, what you want to tweak my nipple while you’re here too?” When I told her that she let go of my boobs so fast you would’ve thought they were radioactive, we couldn’t stop laughing.

After watching “The Madness of King George” last night , I’m convinced he was “ghetto” back in the day before there was ghetto. He had a thing for ending his sentences with “what what” which is basically the same as “wha wha” that’s used to punctuate a phrase in ghetto slang… Everytime he said "what what" it gave me the giggles... It was my phrase for the whole night.... lol I loveddddddddddd this movie.. wha wha!!




Posted by @ 10:04 AM
0 comment from: