Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Spring, renewal, realization, and a long date...

Spring is here and all that comes along with it… in my case that means some kick ass allergies and a sense of renewal. Spring has always a good time for me. I take stock of whom I am and where I’m headed and make whatever changes in my life need to be made. After much soul searching I’ve decided that being a lawyer is not for me.
I want to make a difference in the world. I want to work with kids, help the ones that are troubled. All my life the walking wounded have been drawn to me. My talent lays in listening. I realize now this path has been pre-destined for me. Thank God I didn’t change my major (psychology)… I’m hoping that the path I have chosen will allow me to have a positive impact on the lives of children and teens.

Last year during this time I came to the realization that a relationship I was in was killing me and I needed to break free of it. After 5 long years I walked away. I wish I could say it was a clean break in terms of emotion. But the truth of the matter is that I loved this person very much and he affected my life. Man it was a longggggggggg year, it took a lot for me to be healed. I knew this the minute “the mistake” tried to get me back in his life before I left to Egypt. I swear the theme song for that convo had to be Alicia Key’s “Karma”.., lol
Unfortunately to this day he still affects me in that I’m not as quick to carefree as I’d like to be when dating. I don’t take guys at face value and keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. But I am getting better! Since breaking up with the guy I call “the mistake” I’ve been in 2 mini –relationships, there were more like “transition guys”. I think destiny sent them my way to help me over the hump I was in.

I met this really cool,tall (6ft 4) 25 yr old Ecuadorian/Irish guy, a male version of me! Yes I admit it I’m cool dammit! He doesn’t speak a word of Spanish which is rare for me to meet a fellow latino that I know more Spanish than. We hit it off instantly and a few weeks ago he asked me out on a date. Our schedules finally allowed us to have that date this past Tuesday. Man it was great, it was the longest date of my life, something like 8 hours. We went to a wax museum; damn George Washington was a tall man! Then for a walk in Central Park, next to the museum of Natural history it’s my favorite place in the world.
Afterwards we met up with my friend Reina for a bite to eat and walked her back to school. We spent the evening playing pool and getting to know each other. It was nice.




Posted by @ 12:10 PM
0 comment from: