Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Will The Graduates Please Stand?


At some point today,” Will the Graduates please stand?” will be heard echoing from the podium on my campus and the class of 2009 will rise as one.


To the class of 2009 I dedicate a quote by Thoreau, “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” I’d also like to remind my graduating class to that it is our privilege to advocate for those who are unable to help themselves and that sometimes you have to risk your emotions in order to help. I hope that as you make your way into the real world you'll always remember that. I hope you'll remember what drew you to this profession and that you'll always be in love with it. Above all I hope you'll make a positive impact in this world.

Labels: ,





Posted by @ 12:47 PM
4 comment from: Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Mia, Anonymous frum, Blogger Mia,