Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Touché pussy cat


My friend spent the night with her baby and caught my mom in a cooking mood which meant that breakfast at our house was going to rival IHop and Denny’s. I guess the sound of pots and pans clanking in the kitchen woke him up or maybe it was the smell of mom’s cinnamon-apple pancakes. The kid was hungry. I offered to warm up the baby’s formula and was informed by the mother that there was no need. She then popped the bottle straight from the fridge into his mouth.

Mom: Hold up this is first bottle of the day right? Breakfast?

Friend: Yea.

Mom: and you’re giving it to him fresh out the fridge, cold? What are you, nuts?!

Friend: I always do that. He doesn’t know the difference between hot food and cold food. Food is food.

My mom gave her “the look” and my friend meekly handed over the bottle. Mom then went off towards the kitchen muttering something we couldn’t make out and judging by her tone it was anything but complimentary. A minute later she returned with a warm bottle. The baby latched on to the bottle, drained it quickly and started crying for more. Mom went back into the kitchen and made him a couple of extra ounces. The baby’s mother was amazed at his reaction to the warm formula. After being burped the little guy went right back to sleep.

Thirty minutes later Mom called us to the dining room, breakfast was served. I took a sip of my café con leche while my friend dove right into her plate attacking her cheese and veggie omelet first and made a weird face…..

Friend: Uy this is freezing! Where did you have it in the refrigerator?


Mom: Actually no it was in the deep freezer. I put it there while you were feeding the baby.

Friend: Why? This is cold now! I can’t eat this!

Mom: Why not? If cold food is good enough for your baby it should be good enough for you. Food is food right?

It was as if a light went on over her friends head. She got the point ma was trying to make….

Me: Touché pussy cat, Touché.

Mom: merci beaucoup, baby girl merci beaucoup.

Labels: , ,





Posted by @ 1:19 AM
4 comment from: Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger DannieS72, Blogger Mia, Blogger Mia,