Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

COME- MU-KNEE-KAY-SHUN


I was sitting in my Group Dynamics class minding my own business when I became part of an experiment. The professor was lecturing on the different ways people communicate with each other. He asked if anyone had a fellow classmate’s phone number. Reina’s hand shot up.

Professor: someone from this class?

Reina: Yeah

Professor: Are they here today?

Reina; Yes

Professor: Call them

I thought she was calling someone from her work group it turned out she was calling me.

Reina: she’s not picking up, it went straight to voice mail

Professor: Who were you calling?

Reina: Mia

Mia: Ohhhh my bad my phone is in my bag, it’s on vibrate.

I was then instructed to go out into the hallway and wait for Reina’s call

Phone rings...ring tone for Reina is intro of “Stupid Girl” by Garbage

Mia: Hello

Reina: Hello

Mia: (in cheesy pick up voice) Umm so hey how you doing?

Reina: I’m okay

Mia: So yeah you still got that rash?

Reina: Mia spell communication

Mia: What?
Reina: Spell communication

Mia: You called me for that? Dude your wasting your minutes for that? Freak it I get free incoming calls.

Reina: Spell communication!!

Instead of spelling it letter by letter I draw it out phonetically

Mia: Communication COME- MU-KNEE-KAY-SHUN !

I thought I heard laughter

Reina: Will you just spell it out? By the way you’re on speaker phone.

Mia: Oh snap! Thanks for telling me. Communication: C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N

Reina: okay you can come in now.


when I entered the room the class started laughing; even the professor was red from laughing. All I could think was “Thank God I didn’t say anything stupid!”

Labels:





Posted by @ 12:24 AM
5 comment from: Blogger Unknown, Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo, Blogger Mia, Blogger christina/ohio, Blogger Mia,